Job: Mid-Level Project Manager
Title: Mid-Level Project Manager
Digital Lode is an immersive media company located in the Docklands Cotton Mills, Footscray. We are a team of VR evangelists working on a variety of realtime-rendered VR projects for standalone and desktop VR systems. Digital Lode contracts for other game developers, creates VR experiences for clients in a variety of industries, and develops original IP. Our first title, Espire 1: VR Operative was released in November 2019. Espire is a single player VR experience with a focus on stealth, espionage and action. We are now expanding our team with contract, part and full-time roles!
We have a position opening for a Project Manager in a full-time capacity. Responsibilities are listed below.
- Manage task allocation and workload of team across multiple active projects
- Drive team engagement and moral
Manage Development Cycle:
- Ensure milestones are met
- Drive escalation process
- Start/End development sprints
- Manage deliverables for each sprint
- Manage Fix Versions
- Create changelists and reports for game builds
- Log and assign bugs/tasks from QA testing
- Manage tasks to avoid duplicate listings, link related bugs/tasks etc
- Work with team members to estimate task duration
- Work with management to scope future sprints
- Run daily standups with team, update JIRA as appropriate
- 2 years’ experience in a management/lead position of a games or software development team
- Experience with Jira or similar project management software
- Outstanding communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a proactive and problem solving attitude
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Work well within a team environment
- Ability to initially work remotely and then eventually onsite – our studio is in Footscray’s “Docklands Cotton Mills”). Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the entire team is currently working remotely
Preference to applicants with:
- A portfolio that includes at least 2 published game or software projects
- Prior VR, android or multi-platform development experience
- Experience using Unreal Engine
Email us at email@example.com with [ProjectManager] as the subject heading.
Include your CV and cover letter and links to any published games or software projects you have worked on. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.